It’s officially here, guys. A trip to the mall a few days ago revealed those three little words that strike fear into the hearts of America’s youth – “Back to School”. Of course summer officially runs through late September, but let’s be honest, it’s really over when the school year starts up again. Aside from some flashbacks to our younger days, that trip to the mall got us thinking of how the “Back to School” idea plays into your patient communication and outreach. After all, education is one of the most important components of successful patient engagement efforts.
As you’re thinking about the different types of outreach you deliver to your patients, hopefully you’ll agree that educating patients is one of the most effective ways to get them to take action – whether that’s simply making healthier decisions overall or doing something specific like scheduling a screening, check-up, etc.
So how about some inspiration? Here are some of our favorite quotes related to the importance of education and how it can help you guide your patients to improved health.
- “Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind.” – Albert Einstein
- “The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
- “When you know better, you do better.” – Maya Angelou
We too often catch ourselves thinking of education only in the academic sense. Let’s open our minds during this “Back to School” season and think about how we can better educate patients through our everyday communications.