For those of you around the country who don’t already know, Tuesday is Mardi Gras Day. And in our home office in Mobile, Alabama (the true home of Mardi Gras in the U.S.), it’s a pretty big deal. In the spirit of Mardi Gras fun, here’s another round of fun facts you might consider sharing on your Facebook page for patients. Click HERE and ALSO HERE for some of our past ideas!
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook pages for physicians, dentists and orthodontists, where we’re posting stuff like this all the time. We don’t mind if you steal it for your own page. In fact, we encourage it!
- Americans spend $100 billion per year on hair care products and only $2 billion a year on dental care products. (What good is great hair without a great smile?)
- Nearly 30% of men say they wait "as long as possible" to see if they get better before seeking medical care or advice. (Typical. Right, ladies?)
- A toothpick is one of the objects most often choked on by Americans. (Folks, we HAVE to stop eating these things!!)
- The soles of your feet contain more sweat glands and more pressure-sensitive nerve endings per square inch than any other part of your body. (No wonder stepping on a Lego feels like your foot has exploded!)
- The average American buys 18 yards of dental floss a year. We should buy 122 yards. (Give me just a sec…adding “dental floss” to the shopping list.)
- More germs are transferred shaking hands than kissing. (I’ve been saying it for years – we need more kissing in this country.)
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different. (I bet that was one weird research project.)